Prophetic of the Cross of Jesus
Brazen Altar | Altar of Burnt Offerings | Altar of Shittim Wood
5 x 5 x 3 cubits = 75 cubits volume
20 cubit perimeter or 25 square cubits / 37.50 square feet
Several teachings are emphasized here:
1. The CROSS
2. ONE way to God - ONE Altar for the entire nation., the ONLY place for
3. The doctrine of SATISFACTION and JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH.
THE DESCRIPTION OF THE BRAZEN ALTAR:
1. The Altar was in a hollow box shape; it was foursquare, measuring
5x5x3 cu. high (7.5x7.5x4.5 feet)
2. The Altar was made of Shittim wood (or acacia wood) and then overlaid
with brass (copper); it was the LARGEST and HIGHEST piece of furniture.
3. There were 4 horns on the 4 corners.
4. A grated network (grid) was inside the Altar 1.5 cubits from the Earth
(half-way) ; there were rings and staves made of wood and brass.
5. There was a compass and ledge around the outside.
6. There were utensils - pans, shovels, basins, fleshhooks, and firepans.
7. The fire on the Altar was NEVER TO GO OUT; it was to burn